The Backlot UI doesn't look correct, seems to be missing some elements, or isn't working as expected. What should I do?
From time to time, we receive reports of strange behavior in Backlot, such as blank pages or pages that aren't loading fully, elements missing on one or more pages, areas of pages that aren't rendering properly, etc.
Here are a few things to check:
- If you are having difficulty logging in, please try resetting your password as an initial step. Click the Forgot Password button and then follow the instructions in the email you will receive.
- All areas of Backlot require Google Chrome. If you are using any other browser, behavior may be unpredictable, or Backlot may not function at all.
- If the incorrect behavior is occurring in Google Chrome, try the following steps, in this order:
- Log out of Backlot and log back in.
- Clear your cache and cookies in Chrome. Instructions for how to do this can be found here.
- Create a new "person" in Chrome (i.e. a new browser profile). This can be done by clicking the Chrome menu -> Settings -> Add person. By doing this, you are starting with a completely blank slate, with none of the extensions that are installed for your default profile.
If all of these fail to resolve your issue, please SUBMIT A REQUEST and we will assist you. Be sure to choose Backlot Support when submitting your ticket.