Conform Pulls allows a production to share the necessary assets for conforming a timeline from a cut with the post vendor. Content Hub can deliver either full sources of OCF or trimmed clips. This workflow is done via the mailbox page in Content Hub.
A prerequisite to use this workflow is that the production would need to have imported all original assets during the course of principal photography. Currently this pipeline is under a limited release. Any production wanting to opt into this workflow should consult with the production workflow specialist assigned to the project to ensure they’re fully informed of production requirements and tool capabilities.
High Level Workflow Walkthrough
- An assistant editor creates a submission where an asset list (EDL, XML) is loaded,
- Assets from the list are then matched against the original assets imported during the course of production to content hub,
- Clips are trimmed to the needed frames
- Submission is automatically delivered to the conform team via workspaces or Media Suite Desktop Client.
Conform Pulls Walkthrough
Log into Content Hub, navigate to your project, select the mailbox tab.
Click create the new submission button in the upper left corner. This will automatically launch a new submission window where you will select Conform pull from the drop down and then fill in all necessary fields. When naming your submission it will need to be unique and not contain any illegal characters. Once the configuration is done. click create.
From the new screen click Import Asset List (.edl) and navigate to your EDL, or simply drag and drop the asset list.
A configuration page comes up with the following options:
- Target Asset Name - The name you want the clips to have. Regularly you would select ‘reel name’ as the target name.
- Framerate - Set the correct base framerate for the project
- Handles - The tool will trim the clips and add your handle selection at the beginning and at the end of each clip.
- You can also select ‘match to source’, which means that we will not trim the media and we will deliver the whole clip to the designated recipient.Figure D
Select import and then all the assets in the list will populate the submission.
You’ll see how the page refreshes and how assets will start to be updated. There are 4 possible statuses for each clip:
- Pending - Content Hub is looking for a clip in the project’s assets that matches the name and timecode range requested by the asset list.
- In_Progress - Content Hub is trimming the clips
- Failed - It may fail because:
- There are not matching sources
- The asset has not been imported
- There are multiple clips that match the criteria
- The source is imported, but is in a format Content Hub does not support
- Technical error
- There are not matching sources
- Completed - Clip has been found and is ready for download.
You can add any necessary notes. When you are done importing assets and adding notes, you can submit the pipeline. You do not need to wait until all assets have been completed.
After submitting the pipeline, and when all assets are completed, located and trimmed, media will be available for download in workspaces.
Simultaneously the conformist will receive an email notifying that there’s a new available submission for download.
An automatic download will also be triggered at the conform vendor using Media Suite Client.
- Media Suite Desktop Client User Guide
- Pegasus Desktop Client User Guide
- Media Suite & Pegasus IP Allow List