VanDam - Delivering Short Form Content
If you are asked to deliver to VanDam, Netflix’s internal Marketing assets tool, it means that as a localization vendor, you are either working on creating subtitles and/or DX stems (dialogue stems) for marketing and/or service (product) purposes for Supplemental content. “Supplemental” here refers to short-form content, such as recaps, trailers, featurettes, etc.
Please note: Your Netflix representative will indicate if an order is for either Marketing or Service/Product purposes in the order email subject line. It is likely that as a localization vendor, you will receive multiple service and marketing orders for a single title.
- DX Stems:
- As the localization vendor you will be delivering ONLY the lone DX stems per language to VanDam.
- Zip DX Stems together by language.
- Label each ZIP archive clearly. We recommend that you include the Show Title, Name of Spot, language, and usage (product/service or marketing).
- E.g. OZARK_S1_DATEANNOUNCE_Trailer_DXSTEM_IT_Marketing.zip
Please Note: Netflix will be using a separate “finishing” vendor to create the final mix.
- DFXP files are required.
- Please review "Section 5" of the Netflix Originals Delivery Specification for a detailed breakdown of file requirements.
- Assets for MARKETING purposes:
- DX stems: Delivered to VanDam
- Subtitles: Delivered to VanDam
- Assets for SERVICE/PRODUCT purposes:
- DX stems: Delivered to VanDam
- Subtitles: Delivered to Backlot
The Netflix representative will link a VanDam folder in the order email, which is where you will upload/deliver the assets. Clicking on this link may lead you to a folder labeled like that seen below in Figure 1.
Figure 1 - Main Asset Folder View
Or the link may lead you to the folder view, like that seen in Figure 2.
Figure 2 - Folder View
Here, you can proceed to upload your assets.
- When in the "Main Asset Folder View" there is a “Switch to folder view” blue button located on the far-right hand side of the UI. This will lead you to the "Folder View" where you can upload assets (ie. the sub folders).
- There are usually separate folders for subtitle delivery and DX stem delivery, care should be taken to ensure that the correct content is being delivered to the correct folder. You will need to be in the “folder view” to see the multiple folders.
- If upon clicking the VanDam link you receive the message “Request Collaborator Access,” then you do not currently have access to the folder. Please reach out to your Netflix representative, and they will grant you access. Please be sure to note the email address of the user(s) that require access.
- If upon clicking the VanDam link you are redirected to the VanDam home page, then you do not have a VanDam account. Please reach out to your Netflix Representative, and they will create an account for you. Please be sure to note the email address of the user(s) that require access.
- If upon clicking the VanDam link you are directed to a blank white page, please try disabling any pop-up blockers in your browser.
Exclusive to Finishing Vendors:
- Prior to final delivery, please remove the 2-pop from finished audio assets.