Specifically in the case of M&E Spot check, the breadth of issues flagged will be limited to GLOBAL technical issues only. A “global technical issue” is an issue that affects the entire runtime of the asset.
Therefore, only the following issues should be flagged:
- Incorrect Asset - Title
- True Peak Measurement
- Incorrect Asset - Asset Type (Sample rate/encoding out of spec
- Channel Mismapping
- Audio Channel Issue - Audio Bleed
- Sync - Global Offset
- Sync - Drift Early or Late
- Audio Channel Issue - Mixdown Issue (Corrupted tracks)
- Audio Drop Out (any kind)
- Extraneous Content Dialogue (Original language present on the tracks)
Please do not flag issues such as: discernible language in walla, individual effects out of sync, missing effects/foley, since the focus of the M&E Spot check task should be placed on the overall track technical aspects.