Refer to end for translated versions
This recommendation and guidance is meant for a wide audience and may not apply to your production. Please reach out to your Netflix Representative with any questions.
Source Elements Source Connect Standard Onboarding Guide
Source Elements Source Connect Pro Onboarding Guide
- Subscribe to Source Connect Pro
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a Source Connect Creator license.
- Create RTS sync stamped movie file package by launching Source-Player Creator and following instructions
- Create a iLok account and Source Elements login credentials for the actor.
- Subscribe to Source Connect Standard with actor credentials. Activate license on source connect website to actor iLok account.
- Select Manage Contacts in Source Connect Pro/Standard and add actor account on both sides
- On Source Elements website, select Manage iLok Licenses and refresh licenses to ensure it is registered
- Send the actor installation files for the following. Walk them through installation and drag Source Connect license to their local computer - no physical iLok.
- Source Connect Standard
- iLok license manager
- Source-Player Playback picture package with 3 files - player app, movie and .tml
- Both sides launch Source Connect and login with respective credentials.
- Both sides configure I/O with default setting except for:
- Send bitrate - 192 kbps
- Remove send delay of 80 on both sides of the connection
- Use Source Nexus, Soundflower or Source Nexus Control to route Source Connect to/from Pro Tools
- Select actor in contacts list and establish connection to them
- Actor drops .tml file onto Source-Player Playback and movie opens
- Set RTS to Send on Editor side and Receive on Actor side.
- Use a USB Mic of your choice with a Laptop. *Apogee Hype Mic or similar is recommended.
- Optionally establish a Facetime, Google Hangouts, Skype or Zoom call with the director or sound team on another device. Source Elements also offers Source-Connect Now and Source Elements Meet (with video) for collaboration with multiple clients.
- Ask the actor to record in an isolated room with the least echo. Closets can work, or rooms with curtains/couches/beds - materials that absorb sound
- Ask talent to share a test recording with the production for recording quality validation before recording extensively
- All parties must use headphones to prevent feedback
- Start with the Provided Template and modify as needed
- Mic Placement Example - try twice the pictured distance for ADR/Dubbing
- 2020-04-20: First Version