Refer to end for translated versions.
This recommendation and guidance is meant for a wide audience and may not apply to your production. Please reach out to your Netflix Representative with any questions.
Download Actors Mobile ADR from the Apple iOS Store.
Actors Quick Start
- Record in an isolated room with the least echo. Closets can work, or rooms with curtains/couches/beds - materials that absorb sound
- Plugin the Microphone to the Lightning Port on the iPhone/iPad
- Share a test recording with the production for recording quality validation before recording extensively
- If recording with others, establish a Facetime, Google Hangouts, Skype or Zoom call with the director or sound team on another device.
- Find the .zip file or .mov the Editor sent, and Click on it.
- Press the button and find and click
- Scroll down and click on
- In the Mobile ADR app, your first video will appear on screen. Swipe left for the next video.
- Tap to open the Library and see all videos. (Each video corresponds to each ADR line to record)
- Tap to Preview. Three beeps will play before the ADR Start, along with a Wipe bar. The ADR line is shown as a Subtitle.
- Tap to Record. Tap Record again to record a second take.
- Tap to Playback.
- When finished, send the ADR recordings to the Editor.
- Tap and to open the Library. Select audio and Send Files by choosing a sharing option. (We recommend Google Drive, but you may also use WhatsApp, Telegram, Aspera, Email or Skype).
- 2020-03-27: First Version