This recommendation and guidance is meant for a wide audience and may not apply to your production. Please reach out to your Netflix Representative with any questions.
Subscribe to Session Link Pro.
- Use the built in iPad/iPhone Mic or Plugin a USB Mic of your choice. *Apogee Hype Mic or similar is recommended to the Lightning Port on the iPhone/iPad Or USB-C Port On iPad Pro for higher quality recording.
- Optionally establish a Facetime, Google Hangouts, Skype or Zoom call with the director or sound team on another device.
- Record in an isolated room with the least echo. Closets can work, or rooms with curtains/couches/beds - materials that absorb sound
- Share a test recording with the production for recording quality validation before recording extensively
- All parties must use headphones
- Start with the provided template and modify as needed
- Lower video video Quality to 1 megabit/second or lower
- Using the Google Chrome browser, click the link to “Start Session Link Pro” and select the Recording option from the drop down menu
- Login to the system with the credentials you created during the subscription process
- In the upper left corner of the screen, configure your microphone input and sound output from coreaudio devices in your Mac or PC
- Optionally, install Source Nexus and loop audio and select it for audio output, looping through for Pro Tools recording
- In the lower left corner, under Client Invitation, select Create Session Link and enter the email of the actor or director
- When others join, they will appear in the lower right corner under “Available Connections”
- Click and drag 2 users to the Upper Right, for Remote user 1 & 2
- Once recording links are complete, from the Session Link Pro website, select Start Session Link Pro and select the Video option
- In the lower left corner, enter a session name, hit Start Session and Invite Participants, similar to how you initiated the recording session
- You may now select “Screen Capture for Video Input Device” and share Pro Tools picture to record in sync
- Mic Placement Examples - try twice the pictured distance for ADR/Dubbing
- 2020-04-08: First Version