The VFX Media Review pipeline allows vendors or production users to submit VFX media to the studio for review. Submissions are uploaded to Workspace and prepped and submitted through the VFX Media Review pipeline in the Mailbox tab. This pipeline creates a playlist in Shotgun for the Studio to review. If you have questions regarding the Shotgun review and notes workflow, please reach out to your VFX contact.
High Level Workflow Walkthrough
- A VFX facility or Production uploads media to a Content Hub workspace. Please note, all files need to finish uploading before you can create your submission.
- A Mailbox Submission folder is created and named following our naming best practices
- A CSV made from the Netflix template (additional specs can be found here) is imported into the Mailbox submission. Please note, the order of media listed in the CSV is the order the media will playback in Shotgrid.
- The media in Content Hub Workspace is then imported into the Mailbox submission, matching against the media listed in the CSV.
- Click 'Submit' to send your submission to the studio.
- The submission will go through inspection, encoding, and will output a playlist in Shotgrid for review.
To upload/download files in Content Hub, you'll need the Aspera Connect plugin installed and up to date.
Content Hub supports Windows & Mac operating systems only.
For additional instructions on how to access and upload to Content Hub see these Help Articles:
Uploading Shots to Workspace
Log into Content Hub, navigate to your project, select the Workspaces tab, and click on the blue Upload button. A pop-up will appear where you can drag and drop your folder, or select your folder with files to upload. You can also drag and drop your folder with files directly into an existing folder. Please make sure the files you want to submit are nested in a parent folder.
This will kick off the upload via Aspera. After the files have completed uploading, you can check to ensure that all files were uploaded as intended.
Once your files have uploaded to workspace successfully, you may receive an email notification. This is a notification only for the upload portion of this workflow. Please note, your files must be uploaded before you can create a submission in Mailbox. You still need to move through the next steps to submit to the Studio. Please see the submission email notification you will receive at the end of this workflow at the bottom of the guide. If you wish to disable WORKSPACE notifications, please see our Content Hub notification guide. For any other email questions, please reach out to your VFX contact.
VFX Media Review Walkthrough
Log into Content Hub, navigate to your project, select the Mailbox tab.
Click create the New Submission button in the upper left corner. This will automatically launch a new submission window where you will select VFX Media Review from the drop down, Studio as the Recipient and name your submission to meet our naming spec. Once the configuration is done click create.
Navigate to the files either in your Workspace or Workspace Shares, and set your source, the folder that contains your files. Then click Review Import.
Click Import and the shots will be added to your submission. You’ll see how the page refreshes and how assets will start to be updated. There are 3 possible statuses for each clip:
- In Progress - CSV has been imported and the media hasn’t been attached to the submission yet.
- Failed - It may fail because:
- Your media has failed inspection or encoding.
- Completed - Media has been found and is ready for submission.
|Tip: If there are failed items, you can click on the ‘status’ button, and Content Hub will provide a description of the problem.
You can add any notes and click Submit. If you do not hit Submit, your submission will not create a playlist and will remain “In Progress” until submitted.
Once your shots are submitted nothing can be added or removed. A Shotgun playlist is then generated for review and a confirmation email will be sent back to you, as well as to your VFX team at the Studio. If you have any questions about email notifications, please reach out to your VFX contact.
You can check the status of your submissions in Mailbox. You can check the status of each file attached to your submission by clicking on the individual status. You can also view your files in workspace by clicking on the ‘View In Workspace’ button.
If you are having trouble please follow these instructions on how to troubleshoot. If the troubleshooting steps do not resolve your issue, and this is an urgent submission, please follow instructions on how to share files from Workspace and share with your VFX Contact. Please also file a Content Hub support ticket.